SUV – Sport Utility Vehicle
Both SnoClaws and GoClaws are SUPER TOUGH with super high traction. They do not damage your expensive body or paint, don’t tear up your tires, rims, garage floor, road surface, pavement, tarmac or dirt road like chains.
SnoClaws – ideally suited for those drivers that travel in fresh deep or packed snow on the highway and do not travel off-road. SnoClaws are the preferred solution for normal chain or cable usage for SUVs on the highways and side roads. Same traction as GoClaws but with the easy to use ratchet tightener system. Appropriate for towing trailers and trailer brake axle drag chain requirements as well as dually. Advantages: Quick and easy installation even if you’re stuck. No tools required to install.
GoClaws – ideally suited for travel in fresh deep or packed snow, mud, sand and other demanding and heavy duty applications such as Bobcat Skid Steer, EMS, DOT, PD, FD, Fork Lift, Snow Plow, Farm Truck, Fire truck, Semi Tractor Trailer, and other large equipment. Advantages: Quick and easy installation even if you’re stuck. Heavy-duty dual opposing (self-locking) linkage system will withstand the abuse of snow plowing, tractor trailers, towing, heavy equipment, delivery, fleet, public safety, DOT, EMS and 4×4 off-road conditions such as stump jumping, four wheeling, sand and mud, etc.
SnoClaws provide additional traction that may improve your stopping ability regardless of your vehicle drive type. NOTE: As a vehicle begins to slide sideways traditional tire chains and cables become less effective. SnoClaws provide lateral traction which is a key feature and that could possibly be a big difference in your trip.
GoClaws and SnoClaws work great on almost all SUVs both two wheel drive, AWD and 4×4. We sell many sets to snow plow applications on all four tires. We sell to off road enthusiasts and just about any SUV application that requires increased traction.
SUVs are typically larger and heavier vehicles that require more traction on uphill and downhill as well as stopping. Even if you have 4 wheel drive in your SUV you can get stuck. Having a set of SnoClaws or GoClaws in your vehicle will provide you with that extra level of safety.
- SnoClaws are type “S”. Type “S” can be used for “S”, “U” and “W” chain type vehicles.
- GoClaws are type “U” and can fit vehicles with type “U” and “W”. See chart below.
Note: In slippery conditions, AWD and 4 wheel drive vehicles can get going better than two wheel drive. However all vehicles have the same braking issues on slippery roads.
- AWD And 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles Cannot Stop Any Faster Than 2 Wheel Drive Vehicles.
- Stopping Distances Are Longer In Adverse Conditions And One Must Maintain Appropriate Distances From The Vehicles In Front Of You.
- SnoClaws Are Ideally Suited For Those Drivers That Travel In Fresh Deep Or Packed Snow On The Highway And Do Not Travel Off-Road
- For Rear Wheel Drive Vehicles, Place On Rear Wheels
- For Front Wheel Drive Vehicles, Place On Front Wheels
- For AWD Vehicles, Consult Owners Manual
- For 4×4 Vehicles Place on Rear Wheel or All Four Wheels
- Sold in a set of two (one for each side)
“S.A.E.” stands for Society of Automotive Engineers which defines the least amount of space that should be provided around the drive tires of any vehicle to accommodate the use of a winter traction device. Your owner’s manual will have a S.A.E. rating for your vehicle.
- To check what size you need, check your tire size on the sidewall of your tire and use our sizing chart located here
|S.A.E. traction device
|Minimum tread-face clearance||Minimum side-wall clearance|
|Class S||1.46 in||.59 in|
|Class U||1.97 in||.91 in|
|Class W||2.50 in||1.50 in|
Manufacturer’s note: On dry pavement the GoClaws and SnoClaws experience a harmonic imbalance between 15 and 18 MPH. If you power through this speed range the ride smooths out very nicely.